Canada day is fast approaching and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious brunch that emulates the Canadian Flag? There isn’t one if you ask us. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast really is a great brunch.
Get your day started with the delicious flavours of creamy cream cheese and fresh strawberries stuffed in between perfectly cooked French toast. This flavour combination not only looks Canadian but add a little Maple syrup and you’ll be out for a rip in no time.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
8 slices of white bread
5oz softened plain cream cheese
1 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Set the mixture aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container.
- On half the bread, spread 1/4th of the Cream Cheese mixture and top with sliced strawberries and then a slice of white bread to form a sandwich.
- Dip Sandwich in the egg mixture, coating well.
- Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with syrup and a sprinkle of Icing sugar.
Makes 4 Stuffed French Toasts with extra strawberries for on top.